Who we are
Bachchay Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information do we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, email address, phone number and payment information) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else,you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
• give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
• give consent to the processing of his/her personal data.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training and compliance
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
• identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
• process your order;
• conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
• carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
• if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
• detect and prevent fraud;
• customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
• notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
• carry out security vetting;
• improve our services
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about products, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete an order for the first time.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
• other companies within our group
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• Access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you.
• We store your personal data on secure servers.
• Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries located outside the European Economic Area. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
• Email us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
• Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
• Let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We may charge a small fee (£10) for this service.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
• Email us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
• Let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details)
• Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
• Email us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• Let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.